Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Masyu 2

I was experimenting with golden ratios and trying to make a board size that is the most aesthetically pleasing.  Since the golden ratio is approximately 1:1.61803399, my choices were somewhere between a board size of 100,000,000 columns by 161,803,399 rows or 2 columns by 3 rows.  I settled for a size that should take fewer seconds to solve than the total number of atoms in the universe.  I thought 10 columns by 16 rows makes a nice looking board, and you should be able to solve it in just a few minutes.





Edit:  I removed a pearl that was unnecessary to arrive at a solution.  I updated the Puz Pre link, too.  I'm sure there's more pearls I could remove, but I'm not that good at getting it to a bare minimum yet.  I just happened to get lucky with the one I took out.

No comments: